GKV ArchitectsGKV Architects

ENTER

ART/NY

Brooklyn, NY

18,500 square feet

The transformation of the Alliance of Resident Theatres of New York’s Brooklyn branch involved the restoration of an existing Colonial Revival building. The historic building, originally built in 1930 for the Visiting Nurses Association, suffered from water infiltration due to a cracking façade and aging windows; as such, restoration work included limestone repairs, brick restoration, new moisture protection work, replacement of the original windows and rebuilding of all parapets. The design also adapted the space to be ADA compliant.