The Beekman is a restoration and adaptive reuse project located on 5 Beekman Street. GKV Architects has been commissioned to adapt a historic landmark into a hotel as well as construct a 51-story, 68-unit condominium addition on an adjacent lot. The first 10 floors of the new building, aligning with Temple Court, are joined to the hotel, and the upper floors are designed as residential condominiums. Built in 1883 the Temple Court Building was the first "Fireproof" building in New York and is an early example of the use of brick and terra cotta for an office building. Although the interior of Temple Court is not a New York City designated landmark, GKV Architects restored many aspects of the original interior, such as the historic cast iron balconies, the grand skylight, the atrium and the wood millwork doors and windows surrounding the atrium.